POSTER DESIGN CONTEST
We invite artists and community members of all backgrounds–from students to emerging artists to professional designers–to help celebrate United Way’s 100th anniversary through a commemorative poster design that reflects the beauty, resiliency and diversity of the Greater Nashville community.
The top three poster designs will be displayed in the United Way office lobby and distributed at our 100th anniversary celebration event on September 15 and at various events throughout the year. Community members will vote for the top three poster designs between September 5-8, 2022.
Submissions open on August 1.
Theme: The Next 100 Years
For 100 years, United Way of Greater Nashville has been fighting for a community where every person has an equal chance at a bright future. One hundred years from now, we envision a community that has continued to embody this mission and improve upon these efforts. One that amplifies the goodness, kindness and unity of our neighbors. A community where every person–regardless of their background, circumstances or zip code–is welcomed and supported. We envision strong, healthy communities that nurture the interconnectedness of our successes and challenges. A community where everyone advocates for transformational change.
What can we do with the next 100 years? We welcome creative community submissions that reflect your vision of a brighter future for all.
- Artwork should conform to print 17″ high by 11″ wide and not to exceed those dimensions
- All poster entries must be uploaded through the online form
- Upload a high-res file (JPG, PDF or PNG)
- The maximum file size for submission upload is 50 MB
- Any medium may be used, all content and artwork must be original and free from copyright restrictions
- Only one entry per person
- Entries are open to anyone 14 years of age and older living in Cheatham, Davidson, Dickson, Hickman, Robertson or Williamson counties
- Participants must sign an artwork release form. If under the age of 18, a parent or guardian signature is required
- The top three poster designs will:
- Be printed and distributed at the celebration event on September 15
- Be distributed at various events throughout the year
- Be displayed in the United Way office lobby
- The winners will receive:
- A digital feature (United Way social media, blog, newsletter)
- A $150 gift card to a local art supply store
- Their design custom printed and framed and delivered to their home
- A goodie bag filled with local swag, autographed sports team memorabilia and UWGN commemorative anniversary gifts
- Contest launches: August 1, 2022
- Contest closes: August 31, 2022 at 11:59 pm
- Review submissions: United Way reviews submissions for eligibility from September 1-3, 2022
- Contact finalists: All finalists will be emailed by September 4, 2022
- Voting period: Community members vote online from September 5-8, 2022
- Announce winners: Top three designs announced on September 9, 2022
- Community Celebration: Finalists are welcome to attend the September 15 event