young leaders society
2023 YLS Events
Unlabeled: A Wine, Whiskey & Mingling Event
YLS Happy Hour at Tailgate Brewery Headquarters in support of Bedtime Books Day of Action
Bedtime Books Day of Action at First Horizon Park
United Way of Greater Nashville’s annual Community Meeting
YLS Celebrates Pride Happy Hour at Gresham Smith
Stuff the Bus Day of Action
YLS Volunteer Event
Networking Over Nashville at Virgin Hotels Nashville
Give Thanks Day of Action at GEODIS Park
YLS and Tennessee State University You First Event
Leaders United Holiday Celebration at the Southern Living Idea House
The Young Leaders Society is a network of passionate young professionals creating lasting impact in their communities. YLS members connect with each other and their community through leadership development, volunteer opportunities, networking experiences and more.
How It Works
- Young professionals age 45 and younger.
- Pledge now with a minimum annual gift of $500 to United Way (just $20/pay period). Be sure to utilize your company’s match program if available.
- Members expand their social and professional networks and enhance their skill sets by networking and volunteering with like-minded individuals.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I join?
By joining this active group of emerging leaders, you will have a unique opportunity to make lasting change throughout your community. Through unique networking events and hands-on volunteering opportunities, members leverage the power of United Way to connect, serve and grow—both personally and professionally.
How many members are in YLS?
More than 600 YLS members—representing more than 50 local companies—contribute nearly $800,000 annually to the work of United Way of Greater Nashville.
What kind of events are held for members?
As a member, you might read to a student in a nearby Read to Succeed classroom, deliver backpacks full of school supplies from Stuff the Bus to children on their first day of school, get your hands dirty by volunteering at a Family Resource Center or network with some of the most influential business leaders in Greater Nashville.
Why should I give to United Way?
United Way unites the community and mobilizes resources so that every child, individual and family thrives. When you commit to United Way, you are fighting for a community where every person—no matter their background, their abilities or their zip code—has an equal chance at a bright future.
Thank you to our 2023 YLS Board Members:
- Andy Warren, Board President, Bridgestone Americas
- Lonnell Matthews Jr., Immediate Past President, Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County
- Alicia Fligg, Board Member, Gresham Smith
- Bart Ring, Board Member, EY
- Camp Geary, Board Member, Boston Consulting Group
- Drew Martin, Board Member, Enterprise Truck Rental
- Holt Madden, Board Member, Boyle
- Kate Madden, Board Member, Synovus
- Madison Santana, Board Member, Waller
- Megan Day, Board Member, Deloitte
- Noah Mackey, Board Member, Elliott Davis
- Taryn Smith, Board Member, HealthTrust