United Way of Metropolitan Nashville (UWMN) has officially rebranded as United Way of Greater Nashville (UWGN), following its recent expansion of service areas to include Cheatham, Davidson, Hickman, Robertson and Williamson counties.
This name change aligns with the organization’s desire to expand services and reach more individuals and families in need throughout Greater Nashville. United Way of Greater Nashville’s new structure was driven in large part by the mobile nature of today’s workforce, with people often living and working in multiple counties. Combined, United Way of Greater Nashville now serves Cheatham, Davidson, Hickman, Robertson and Williamson counties.
“The needs of our communities are complex and often aren’t divided by city or county lines. We thought carefully about our name change and chose ‘Greater Nashville’ to better reflect our growing region,” said Brian Hassett, UWGN president and CEO.
“By combining resources, professional expertise and experience, United Way of Greater Nashville will be a stronger organization better equipped to address the needs of the region we serve,” said Jenneen Kaufman, 2020 UWGN board chair and Tennessee Titans senior vice president and CFO.
In addition to welcoming Kaufman as the 2020 board chair, UWGN welcomes the following 2020 Board of Trustees officers to help lead the efforts of this new structure: Heather Rohan, Vice Board Chair & Campaign Committee Chair, HCA HealthCare – TriStar Health; John Crosslin, Treasurer & Finance Committee Chair, Crosslin & Associates; and Kevin Rome, PhD, Secretary, Fisk University. Along with the following additions to the 2020 board: Lee Blank, Regions Bank; Randy Gibson, Gresham Smith; and Cher Porties, UPS.
2020 United Way of Greater Nashville Board Officers
- Jenneen Kaufman, Board Chair, Tennessee Titans
- Gord Knapp, Immediate Past Board Chair & Succession Planning Committee Chair, Bridgestone Americas, Inc.
- Heather Rohan, Vice Board Chair & Campaign Committee Chair, HCA HealthCare – TriStar Health
- Brian Hassett, President & CEO, United Way of Greater Nashville
- John Crosslin, Treasurer & Finance Committee Chair, Crosslin & Associates
- Kevin Rome, PhD, Secretary, Fisk University
- John Doerge, Community Impact Investment Committee, Deloitte
- James Weaver, General Counsel & Government Relations Committee Chair, Waller
- Robert (Bob) Dittus, MD, MPH ,Member at Large & Strategy Committee Chair, Genesco Inc.
- Alberto Gonzales, Member at Large, Belmont University
- Mickey McKay, Member at Large, Fifth Third Bank
- Wayne Smith, Member at Large, Community Health Systems
- Jim Schmitz, Member at Large, Elliott Davis
- Blake Stinnette, Member at Large, PwC, LLP
- Kristi Morrow, Member at Large, CaringWays, Inc.
- Eric Stuckey, Member at Large, City of Franklin
2020 United Way of Greater Nashville Board Trustees
- Tim Adams, Ascension & Saint Thomas Health
- Scott Becker, Genesco Inc.
- Lee Blank, Regions Bank
- Cathy Stewart Brown, Stewart Home & School
- William F. Carpenter III, LifePoint Health
- Charlie Cook, CFMT, Board Liaison, Truxton Trust
- Honorable Karl Dean, Former Mayor of Nashville
- Sam DeVane, EY
- Margaret Dolan, Launch Tennessee
- David Freeman, 36 Venture Capital
- Randy Gibson, Gresham Smith
- Jim Gingrich, Alliance Bernstein
- E. Anthony (Tony) Heard, InfoWorks, Inc.
- Damon Hininger, CoreCivic
- Lee Ann Ingram, Community Philanthropist
- R. Milton Johnson, HCA Healthcare
- Honorable William C. Koch, Jr., Nashville School of Law
- Rob McNeilly, Synovus Bank
- Scott Pohlman, SunTrust Bank
- Cher Porties, UPS
- Ben L. Rechter, Rogers Group, Inc.
- Ronald Q. Roberts, DVL Seigenthaler
- Anne Russell, Adams and Reese LLP
- Mike Schatzlein, MD, MBA, The Schatzlein Group
- Rev. R. Leigh Spruill, St. George’s Episcopal Church
- Dave Walton, Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation
- Emily Weiss, Ingram Industries